среда, 15 октября 2008 г.

cantonese cd music




Our first stop was the Frontier Culture Museum. I had been dying to share that place with Banjo Boy, it is where I want to LIVE I was also super excited to test my new architectural fieldwork skills on�identifying and�dating some of the building-bits �there.� In addition to exploring original homesteads of German, English, Irish, and American decent....

There were piggy noses.


And whisperers exchanged with chickens.



And playings with massive tools. Oh-- look at those muscles



And sweet-eyed lambs. Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy..... A kidapos;ll eat ivy, too... Wouldnapos;t you?



We spent way too much time at the FCM, so we ended up finding a room for the night somewhere in the Norman Rockwell-esque town of Staunton. We continued on our way the next morning, very early because we had BIG�PLANS for a BIG�HIKE

My watch magically ran out of batteries as soon as we arrived in the wilderness, and I was glad for it. No cell phone, no internet, no watch...it �was heaven. We had our water, some food, multiple layers of clothing, our feet--- and about 12 miles of mountain, gorge, and stream�to go through. Unfortunately- in a moment of tremendous stupidity- I left my hiking boots in DC and ended up hiking the whole thing in my�Crocs.�Crocs are certainly�NOT the ideal footwear for such a trek-- but I�made it out alive,�and with minimal damage

See those ridges? That gorge? Yeah.� We did all that. I am very proud.



On our hike we saw lots of snakes-- a good assortment, too. We also found bear tracks, an abandoned farmhouse, and ruins from a few old homesteads.

The path went RIGHT�UP�THOSE�ROCKS



At about mile 8, the path began climbing back out of the gorge. At one point we had to cross into a cow pasture and hike through the pastureland. Off in the distance I saw something glinting red--- a tree that glowed a brighter red than Dorothyapos;s Ruby Slippers... Weapos;d stumbled across an ancient apple orchard



We had only just begun harvesting the apples when we heard�what sounded like a�tremendous stampede. I was genuinely scared and looked to see which apple tree could provide me the best safety....for over the hill came a herd of galloping cattle... Right... Towards... Us

Lucky for us, they were only interested in the apples. We shook the branches� of the trees and the cows practically sucked the apples from the ground. Hereapos;s Banjo Boy bonding with a hefer. She drooled all over the place.



We each had about 20 pounds of apples in our backpacks by the time we said farewell to our cow friends. The rest of our hike took us up along a clear mountain ridge-- mostly more pastureland for the cows. The sun was beginning to set.








The weekend was a total blur.�Other than the Frontier Culture Museum, the Hike of Awesome, and Camping, we spent one night in a cabin built in the 1930s by the Civilian Conservation Corps to house the men working on the� Blue Ridge Parkway,�purchased close to 25 lbs of cabbage from a farm stand, and ate biscuits and gravy at a diner that looked out over the townapos;s only stoplight.

This morning I rode the metro cramped with black business suits. I walked through busy Chinatown, made my way to my office building, to my floor, and then to by cubicle. I got slammed with a million emails, cell phone messages, and of course, the news about the war, the economy, etc.

All thatapos;s got me a little down. Iapos;m feeling overwhelmed and�I�kinda want�to flush my watch and cellphone down the toilet, hide my computer in the closet, and drive back out to Southwest Virginia.

cantonese cd music, cantonese cd rom, cantonese character, cantonese character dictionary, cantonese character for love.



Комментариев нет: